• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

To sd or not

Rgarner

Android Expert
Recently I saw a 128 gb sd card at Walgreens for about $55. I hadn't heard of rhe brand, Infinitive. It is somewhat tempting because it's same day and cash rather than online with card and waiting. Who knows about this brand?
 
I dunno, @Rgarner , that just smacks of "cheap Chinese garbage" to me. It depends on how much you value the data going onto it. If I woke up in your shoes, I'd look for a PNY, Samsung, or Sandisk card during Amazon Prime Deals Tuesday, or wait a few weeks for Black Friday and pick up a legitimate brand on sale.
 
Just spend the $5.00 difference and get the PNY.

Infinitive is a private label house brand owned exclusively by Walgreens.

Because it is a store brand, Walgreens contracts out the actual production to third-party electronic manufacturers. The individual memory cards are usually mass-produced by generic tech suppliers based in countries like Malaysia or China, and then packaged under the Walgreens "Infinitive" name to provide a lower-cost alternative to major electronics brands.
 
Recently I saw a 128 gb sd card at Walgreens for about $55. I hadn't heard of rhe brand, Infinitive. It is somewhat tempting because it's same day and cash rather than online with card and waiting. Who knows about this brand?
Just set your cell up for usb file transfer, saves you a lot of money and time :)
 
To what would I transfer? This assumes something to receive the material. If can save directly to sd it would probably be the least cumbersome.
 
To what would I transfer? This assumes something to receive the material. If can save directly to sd it would probably be the least cumbersome.
Plug in your charging cable to your p.c., be sure it has a wide bottom to connect with that, a pop up menu will appear, and it will say "Web Camera", "File Transfer", or "Charging" you tap on "File transfer" and your cell will be up on the windows, and it will have all your doucments and photos appear in your windows for transfering photos and music too. :)
 
Back
Top Bottom