• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Today's $.25 apps compatiblitiy ?

skelms

Aug 23, 2012
Japan
Still waiting for my mom to ship my nexus 7
I am guessing nova launcher is compatible, but is jellybean good enough without custom launchers.

The other question is horn. Does this game work with the nexus 7. It looks pretty nice but it's not compatible with my phone, and I might get it, if its compatible with the nexus 7
Thanks

I love Nova Prime especially since you get gesture support. I love being able to swipe down from anywhere on the screen to get my notification bar to show. I'd say it's worth it. I use it on both my Nexus 7 (JellyBean) and my Galaxy Nexus (JellyBean). It couldn't hurt. It's only a quarter and I'm pretty sure you can get a refund. Not sure though but dev support is really good on Nova

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help guys, but I just found out that I can't purchase it unless I have a device that supports the app. When I'm on the play store I click purchase then it asks me which device to install it on, and all of mine or greyed out as incompatible, and the continue button is greyed out. I will have a compatible device when the nexus gets here but not today.

does anyone know of a work around?
if not, I suppose I can use my play store credit later, but I want to take advantage of the sale today...argh

I found a work around here
http://www.howtogeek.com/116456/how-to-install-incompatible-android-apps-from-google-play/

I changed the following
ro.build.version.release=4.1.1
ro.product.model=Nexus 7
ro.product.brand=Google
ro.product.name=nakasi
ro.product.manufacturer=asus

Luckily I have a rooted andriod device
Well I tried this, and still no luck, I was able to get my tablet to be compatible with the batman game but Horn is still not showing up as well as nova.
when I go to settings and display device information it says that my tablet is the nexus 7 andriod number 4.1.1
but the store is not being fooled

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones