• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Too many contacts to delete

sleedeane

Android Expert
For some reason I lost a bunch of my contacts. Then I had 2 of every contact that wasn't lost.
So I went through and successfully deleted all the doubles.
But now my notification bar has a sync icon that won't go away. When I pull down and open the notification drawer, it says "Too many Contacts deletes".
Could someone (besides AT&T. They don't know) shoot any suggestions my way on how to get rid of the sync icon?
Very much appreciated.

where are your contacts being pulled from? Did you allow google, facebook and your sim card to import your contacts? If so, select one and bring them in. This would have been a selection when you first set up your phone or downloaded facebook.

For some reason I lost a bunch of my contacts. Then I had 2 of every contact that wasn't lost.
So I went through and successfully deleted all the doubles.
But now my notification bar has a sync icon that won't go away. When I pull down and open the notification drawer, it says "Too many Contacts deletes".
Could someone (besides AT&T. They don't know) shoot any suggestions my way on how to get rid of the sync icon?
Very much appreciated.
I have obviously finally found the right place at the right time. There really are others experiencing the same problems with their Galaxy S5 Active as I am. According to AT&T no one else has had any problems with their phones. Only little Ole Me. Thank you. Now maybe I will get some help.

I have obviously finally found the right place at the right time. There really are others experiencing the same problems with their Galaxy S5 Active as I am. According to AT&T no one else has had any problems with their phones. Only little Ole Me. Thank you. Now maybe I will get some help.
I've done a little research and a lot of people have had problems with their S5's and S5 Actives after receiving the lollipop update OTA. For most the cure has been doing Factory Reset. Don't know if you have tried it yet and can be a pain to set your phone back up but might be worth trying. Reccomend backing up anything on your phone you want to keep because reset will erase all user data.

Back
Top Bottom