• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Torrenting on T- Mobile Gateway & Network....?!

A VPN will encrypt your IP which prevents your ISP (T-Mobile) from monitoring your Internet activity. Does that make P2P safe? No, some people will use P2P and torrent sites to spread malicious files. I stay away from torrent sites.

Last edited:
If you're torrenting illegal and copyright infringing material, like movies, TV shows, or copyright music. Then I absolutely recommend you use a VPN. Otherwise you might receive a piracy warning and other legal threats from your ISP, or the RIAA, MPAA, etc.

Last edited:
A few years back the RIAA had TV commercials talking about people they busted sharing music and how many thousands of dollars they owe.

I know a couple of people in the UK who received piracy warning notices from Virgin Media, because they were torrenting movies.

Last edited:
Do I need a VPN while torrenting on T-Mobile Gateway & Network....?!
You should absolutely use a VPN especially when you're torrenting. That applies no matter when you're connected via a cellular carrier or wired ISP, not just T-Mobile. A VPN gives you an encrypted online connection so be sure to set up your ExpressVPN options accordingly -- the default protocol is likely to be Automatic but change that to OpenVPN, and be sure to selectively choose to use a VPN server that's not region based. The default will choose one that's probably not nearby but the priority being it provides fastest bandwidth speed. Instead, you're safer to pick a VPN server preferably in another country. That might involve a bit of a speed hit but it's a matter of choosing between convenience or your own privacy.

Also, which torrent app are you using?

This article is apparently focused on the qBittorrent desktop application, so its recommendations on anonymous torrenting may or may not be in the phone app:
If there is any conflict between optimizing speed over privacy, I'd tentatively suggest prioritizing privacy when it involves torrents.

Back
Top Bottom