• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Total Encryption

milestogo

Lurker
Hi all,

I am looking to secure my tablet completely and was wondering if you could help point me in the right direction as to what to do. I need to have end to end secure messaging and browsing capabilities but would also like to have the OS boot from an SD card rather than the internal system.

Any advise would be grateful.

Booting from SD would require a hardware modification.

As far as encryption, use a public/private key encryption system, like PGP, in your communications. Since only you have the private key, only you can read the email, text, whatever. Even the government can't get the carrier to unencrypt your emails - it's just not possible without the private key or a lot of time on a supercomputer (and even the NSA doesn't have the budget for that if you pick a really long random key).

If you want encrypted phone calls, do it in hardware. An encrypting earphone/mic is cheaper than hiring someone to do an AES voice encryption for you - and it's a lot faster, you can buy it off the shelf in 5 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom