• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Touch not working properly after a screen replacement

salgal1313

Lurker
Jul 16, 2013
I had my S4 active screen replaced a few months ago, by a local cell-phone-fix-it shop. The screen darkness had shifted, and all signs pointed to replacing the screen.

This worked and made the screen bright and back to its normal greatness. But I noticed that the touch sensitivity on it seemed off...texting often resulted in odd words - especially at the upper right of the keyboard. It was not crazy enough to warrant me going back to the shop to demand a change - but it make me pause and search for a way to adjust it (I could not find one).

Here it is a few months later and all chaos is breaking out.
- To unlock the screen (not when a password is needed - just the traditional swipe after the screen goes dark), I have to wiggle my finger everywhere and more to get it to adjust to the home page. Today, I am only able to unlock by attempting to restart the phone - or by restarting it...
- Texting: words, letters, combos - everything goes bazzurk. Random letters appear. tapping on an auto-choice of a word generally adds that word into the middle of some other word.
- Most importantly (lol) my COC game is suffering, as I am no longer being able to drop troops accurately. HAHA! It's the straw that is breaking the camel's back.

I have turned on touch locator, so that I can see it... sometimes it is spot on...and then it will randomly shift up about half an inch...

Is there anything else that you all can recommend?
Is it worth another $100 to the cell-phone shop to seek a repair?

Or, is it finally time to break down and buy a new phone (which is not even close to $100...). As it is, I use my phone for reading books on amazon, texting, and random gaming. I can live without my phone, but I just don't want to - hence the reason I have not upgraded...I'd rather keep the $700 as long as I can and keep working with what I have.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones