• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

touch screen lag

If a cache wipe doesn't solve this, it may be because you have a lot of contacts. As you enter numbers it does a lookup of your contacts to allow you to choose the, prior to entering all of the numbers, and I could see that slow data entry down.

If this is the case, the solution may be a replacement dialer from the play store. I know that Thom has one he likes - perhaps he'll reply back with his favorite.

After the Wipe Cache Partition if there is still an issue I suggest running in Safe Mode (disabling all apps you added without uninstalling them). If the problem stops it is caused by an app that you added.

One thing about Motorola/Verizon/Android that I find annoying is every time I go to a new phone model I have to get used to a revised phone app. I learned about ... Pixel Phone Pro ... from someone at Android Forums and found it solved every issue I had. It allows you to dump/restore settings so you can transfer the settings after a Factory Data Reset or conversion to a new phone. My conclusion was ... someone finally it right.

... Thom

Back
Top Bottom