• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TouchPad will not turn on or charge

GAMESHARQ

Android Enthusiast
About a week ago, my TouchPad would no longer seem to charge. When I plug it in, it just flashes the plug image and low battery image.

I tried several fixes, including twisting the charger and holding down the power and home buttons for 15+ seconds.

Then I got it to charge, but the next day it was dead again and will not charge once again.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the port because when I try a different charger, it says to use the manufacturer's charger for a reliable charge, so it recognizes when something is plugged into it.

Could it be that the ac adapter is just no longer good? Or is there anything else I can try before I attempt to buy another plug on eBay?

The Touchpad has had some issues that, if the battery was drained to where it was nearly completely dead, there is a known issue trying to get it to take a charge again, there are a few threads here about it. Some type of weird issue with the recharging circuitry. This thread seems to have much of the information about how to try and get it to recharge. It should eventually recharge, just use some of the suggestions and then let it sit on a charger for most of a day, see if anything starts happening.

Back
Top Bottom