• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories TPU case

sroberts

Lurker
Ordered a thermoplastic case from tpu-cases.com, it is a form fitting plastic, feels kind of like a cross between silicone case for fit and hard plastic shell (it is definitely soft though). It feel just like a Body Glove case I looked at in the ATT store, but this was $8 instead of $25 or $30. The reason I went with it - I wanted form fitting and low bulk, but I keep my phone in my pocket so I didn't want the "tack / stickiness" of a silicone case.

Anyway, thought I'd throw it out there since most other cases run > $20. I ordered Friday night (around 9pm), and got the case in the mail Monday. Not bad for $1 shipping ($9 total).

It fits very well, adds very little to the phone, and has a very understated argyle pattern (much less noticeable than even the pictures on the site show).

Cheers.

Ordered a thermoplastic case from tpu-cases.com, it is a form fitting plastic, feels kind of like a cross between silicone case for fit and hard plastic shell (it is definitely soft though). It feel just like a Body Glove case I looked at in the ATT store, but this was $8 instead of $25 or $30. The reason I went with it - I wanted form fitting and low bulk, but I keep my phone in my pocket so I didn't want the "tack / stickiness" of a silicone case.

Anyway, thought I'd throw it out there since most other cases run > $20. I ordered Friday night (around 9pm), and got the case in the mail Monday. Not bad for $1 shipping ($9 total).

It fits very well, adds very little to the phone, and has a very understated argyle pattern (much less noticeable than even the pictures on the site show).

Cheers.

Can you post some pictures?

You got like this one?

Attachments

• Atrix Q1.jpg
    Atrix Q1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Atrix Q2.jpg
    Atrix Q2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 82
  • ATRIX P1.jpg
    ATRIX P1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Atrix G1.jpg
    Atrix G1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 126
I got the dark black argyle one on ebay from hong kong shipped for $3 with a free screen protector for giving them good feedback. Can't beat it.

I just received a black one that I ordered and must say that I'm pretty impressed. for ~$6-7 bucks it couldn't get much better. Slimmer than a snap on case and has more grip, but also adds more drop protection than an incipio feather case

Here's a video of the case I have now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skn6tXueSVY&feature=player_embedded

How do you like it compared to the incipio feather? I've got the feather right now and love it.

How do you like it compared to the incipio feather? I've got the feather right now and love it.

I like the feather, my only fear is that it doesn't really provide any drop protection so I went with something that has a little bit more coverage but still being as thin as I could possibly find.

If you're happy with the feather and are careful with your phone you should be fine, I just personally dont trust myself and know sooner or later I will end up dropping it.

That TPU looks exactly like the one I bought at FutureShop the next day after buying the Atrix. I looked at the Feather too, but I didn't buy it for two reasons. First it's a hard plastic case and doesn't offer as much shock protection. Second I find hard cases tend to let in a bit of dust since they "snap" on around the phone rather than "hug" the phone like the TPU cases. And that dust rubbing on the back/sides of the case and phone can scratch the phone as a friend discovered with his iPhone 3G.

YMMV.
:)

I want to thank the folks who recommended tpu-cases.com

My Atrix case arrived today, and it is *much* slimmer and more form-fitting than the OtterBox Impact case I was previously using. The TPU material seems prone to fingerprints, but other than that, I have no complaints. In other news ... I have an Otterbox Impact case for sale :D

I never saw the Incipio feather case in person, but I was always worried that I'd damage the front edges of my phone if I dropped it just so. This TPU case seems to have that covered.

This looks just like the one I had awhile back for my Blackberry 9700, I loved that little case and it went off and on easily too, so perhaps a good match for those who want to dock as well. Too bad can't remember the brand or anything about it, I'm fairly certain it was just a $7.95 eBay chance I took and ended up loving it.

EDIT: Went ahead and ordered me one of these off Amazon yesterday, very inexpensive so figured why not!

Back
Top Bottom