• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transfer files from Nook to Nook

Rgarner

Android Expert
I want to free up space on the A02s, in part by taking some of the PDFs and epubs I have on it to the Moto G Play. They both have Nook. Is there a way to do this directly, phone to phone? If there isn't, can I look up the files in Simple File Manager on the A02s and somehow magically send them? The Moto also has that manager. As far as things such as nfc, the A02s is sadly lacking. I haven't had much experience with sending files between phones, and most of it has been bad.

I want to free up space on the A02s, in part by taking some of the PDFs and epubs I have on it to the Moto G Play. They both have Nook. Is there a way to do this directly, phone to phone? If there isn't, can I look up the files in Simple File Manager on the A02s and somehow magically send them? The Moto also has that manager. As far as things such as nfc, the A02s is sadly lacking. I haven't had much experience with sending files between phones, and most of it has been bad.
where are these epub files? on your sd card or phone? you just need to move those files.

Hi,

There are a few ways to transfer files from one Nook device to another. One way is to connect both devices to a computer, and then use a file transfer program to move the files between the two devices. Another way is to use a cloud storage service, such as Google Drive or Dropbox, to upload the files from one device and then download them on the other device. Additionally, you can use Bluetooth to transfer files between the two devices. To do this, turn on Bluetooth on both devices, and then make the Moto G Play discoverable. On the A02s, navigate to the file you want to transfer, tap on the share icon, and select Bluetooth. On the Moto G Play, accept the file transfer.

The Moto G Play said it couldn't because of an incorrect passkey. What the @#$_ is that? How do I make it "correct"? Would nitroshare be easier?

How were you trying to transfer the files?

My best guess and I maybe wrong, is the Incorrect passkey might be due to DRM (digital rights management). Some licensed publications can't be transferred and or duplicated to protect it's copyright.

Last edited:
Actually, I hadn't gotten that far. I was just trying to get the Samsung A02s and the Moto G Play to communicate via Bluetooth. The Moto kept showing different combos of 6 digits but I didn't see any way to enter that on the other.

Any Samsung phone, new or old can send files via Bluetooth. It's slow but the only method I have left since Google in their infinite wisdom got rid of USB Mass Storage and Windows only sees my phone as a camera so it won't allow access to anything other than photos today if plugged into a PC.

You turn visibility on, on the device you want to receive the files, then go to your device you're sending from, and go to Bluetooth settings and look for the device. You then pair it like any headset, and then go to My Files (or whatever file browser you use) highlight what you want to send, be it a file, folder, or what, then tap 'share' (and whatever icon they chose to use!) and say 'send file via bluetooth' on the pop-up list. Then wait a couple of hours (yes it takes that long! one darned MP3!) You should be able to disable needing a pass code. That's going to be on the receiving device's Bluetooth settings (you can also change the name which shows up). The files should transfer like any other file. Whether or not your favorite ebook reader will see and access them, however, is anyone's guess. I didn't know Nook was still a thing (unless you meant Tom Nook!) I thought they EOL'd a long time ago. Last time I even saw a Nook tablet was when I picked up my Simple Touch at the K-Mart.

Wi-Fi direct, a Samsung specific feature, would be faster if it actually worked.

Would Telegram work if both phones have it? I don't know if that would do anything about getting files from one to the other. The idea is to copy them from the overloaded A02s to the Moto G Play, which has an almost brand new 64 gb sd card, make sure the files are usable, and then delete them from the A02s. I wouldn't even be having this problem if something hadn't happened to the Samsung's sd, or maybe the thing's just lying about it. Since the sd hole is essentially glued shut, I guess I'll never know.

Would Telegram work if both phones have it? I don't know if that would do anything about getting files from one to the other. The idea is to copy them from the overloaded A02s to the Moto G Play, which has an almost brand new 64 gb sd card, make sure the files are usable, and then delete them from the A02s. I wouldn't even be having this problem if something hadn't happened to the Samsung's sd, or maybe the thing's just lying about it. Since the sd hole is essentially glued shut, I guess I'll never know.

That's just an app. You could just download the APK couldn't you? I only bother moving files between a phone and tablet if it's something I can't download, such as a very old APK of a game, or ebook, or a song that's on one and not the other. I used to rely on USB Mass Storage but thanks to Google frelling that one up, I am limited to slow Bluetooth transfers.

The last time was when I wanted to transfer an Mflex Sounds album to my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 from my SII, but because Amazon MP3 insists that I 'must update to continue' I uninstalled it and had to wait a day and a half (yes, it took that long) just to transfer 86 MP3s. I mean I expected I could just download them with Amazon MP3 on my Galaxy Tab like I've done countless times but nooo...

Could I upload some files to Telegram, make sure it actually worked, and then delete them from the A02s? That might be more practical and/or faster. I was able to save files to Telegram from another phone, but it's not nearly as loaded.

Neither is SMS for me. It's also not reliant on having internet/data available, never forces you to update the app, and never forces annoyances like typing indicators or reading your message statuses. I love the basic, AIM style of send message, wait for 'DING!' read response. All in a nice, lovely conversational view. Why fix what ain't broke?

Back
Top Bottom