• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transfer files in with airdroid?

CrackBaby

Android Enthusiast
I have read a couple of threads that say you can't transfer files in using a USB cord, or maybe I'm misunderstanding something there (they mentioned "mounted").

My question is, do you think that the airdroid app can be used with Nexus 7 to transfer files from pc to the tablet?

thanks! :)

Welcome to the forum CrackBaby. :ciao: (CrackBaby?!) :D

We'll know for sure when mine arrives Monday :dontknow:

But I don't see why not. There are also other apps to do that.

Thanks for the warm welcome, Atmazz. :)
How do you know the wifi file transfer program will work on Jellybean? (Sorry for the stupid question.)

T18, how did you know that Airdroid won't work on Jellybean? Is there a list somewhere of which apps will and won't work?

Thanks for the warm welcome, Atmazz. :)
How do you know the wifi file transfer program will work on Jellybean? (Sorry for the stupid question.)

Not a stupid question at all. I don't know for sure if it will work on Jelly Bean. Hopefully we can all find out this week.

I got my Nexus 7 today and have already transferred several files in using Airdroid without any problems whatsoever so yes, it does work.

I have noticed that on the built-in music app, it says you can connect the USB cable to a computer to transfer music so I am assuming you can transfer files that way too but haven't tried it yet.

Yes, you can browse the device (the built-in storage, at least) via windows and copy files over USB.

However, I cannot seem to do this in Linux at all. Only lets me transfer photos etc.

Yes, you can browse the device (the built-in storage, at least) via windows and copy files over USB.

However, I cannot seem to do this in Linux at all. Only lets me transfer photos etc.

Try installing gmtp. I know you need it on ubuntu for usb transfers. Probably the same on other distros.

I think I messed up installing the drivers, because my Nexus 7 isn't recognized as removable storage (using Windows XP). I had enough right to get it unlocked and rooted, though.

And I can confirm that WiFi File Explorer (Pro) is compatible with Jelly Bean and the tablet, because I was using that until I have time to go through the steps to get it to read it over USB.

I have been trying since last night to copy some apks to my N7 over usb...I can browse all of the available folders, but cannot copy anything to them. I was able to create a folder called APK, but if i try to copy a file from a folder on my pc then go to try to paste in the folder, the option is greyed out. I also cannot drag and drop. If i change the usb setting to PTP, I can copy pictures to it, but thats all.

Any suggestions?

I have been trying since last night to copy some apks to my N7 over usb...I can browse all of the available folders, but cannot copy anything to them. I was able to create a folder called APK, but if i try to copy a file from a folder on my pc then go to try to paste in the folder, the option is greyed out. I also cannot drag and drop. If i change the usb setting to PTP, I can copy pictures to it, but thats all.

Any suggestions?
I would try AirDroid. I copied the FoxFi apk file to the Nexus 7 and it worked fine. (I can't figure out how to use Wi Fi File Explorer, may try that again soon.)

I would try AirDroid. I copied the FoxFi apk file to the Nexus 7 and it worked fine. (I can't figure out how to use Wi Fi File Explorer, may try that again soon.)

I have a wireless router with my roadrunner, but my computer is a desktop with an ethernet connection. Does this setup mean that I will NOT be able to use AirDroid ?

I have a wireless router with my roadrunner, but my computer is a desktop with an ethernet connection. Does this setup mean that I will NOT be able to use AirDroid ?

I think it will work if they are on the same lan, just that in general Android devices connect via WiFi only so that is why they call it AirDroid.

Back
Top Bottom