• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help transfer files ubuntu

crimton

Android Expert
so i got my wifi xoom yesterday and i'm really liking it but i have to boot into windows every time i want to transfer files.....thats lame. i can't get wifi file explorer, swiftp or any type of wireless transfer to work other than dropbox. there was a method posted for getting it to mount in ubuntu but it didn't work and now i'm getting errors when i boot up. there HAS to be a simpler way. any ideas? what are other people doing?

wifi explorer works just fine for me on the evo and xoom. dropbox is awesome as well on both.

what errors are you seeing with wifi explorer? its really easy and you have to be in a local network where the computer and xoom are within. then just type the address in the desktop computer and add the port that wifi explorer tells you and bam... do you need me to make you a video showing the steps?

no thanks, I am not confused as to how wifi explorer works. wi-fi explorer will tell me that it's running then give me the ip and port I need to connect in the browser, very simple. however my browser just hangs and will not connect. it maybe a problem with my ports being blocked by my isp. anyways I guess it's not that much trouble for me to boot into windows to transfer files. I did get an ftp client running so that I can access my vps and transfer stuff directly from it. I'm not at home right now so I'm not sure of the exact error I was getting.

Back
Top Bottom