• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Transfer memos from Samsung Memos to Samsung Notes?

kite

Trying to transfer memos from the old Samsung Memos app on a J5 to Notes on an A32 Android 11 and it's not working. Various sites say to copy the ShareMemo folder to the new phone and I did that; it's in the phone now > go into Notes > Settings > Import Data From > Phone, but it's not seeing the folder. Same if I copy over the .memo files separately.

My old phone doesn't have Samsung account so transferring through that isn't an option.

Last edited:
This may work:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6/587633-export-stock-memo-app-data.html

Finally Found a solution for you guys, Download *SAMSUNG NOTES* from Galaxy-apps(samsung store) and then goto settings > import data > From Device ( select from device below the heading of import memo data ) and select the memo's you want to import then press "DONE" and it will import all the memos to your galaxy note app, then you can export and import.

This may work:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6/587633-export-stock-memo-app-data.html

Finally Found a solution for you guys, Download *SAMSUNG NOTES* from Galaxy-apps(samsung store) and then goto settings > import data > From Device ( select from device below the heading of import memo data ) and select the memo's you want to import then press "DONE" and it will import all the memos to your galaxy note app, then you can export and import.

Can anyone tell me how to find the actual app? The Samsung Galaxy Apps site only tells you how fanstasically spectacular the app is but doesn't have any way to actually get it and Google Play doesn't have it at all - there's literally no Samsung Notes app at Google Play . Maybe they're hiding because it my phone's old? But that's never happened before. I tried some versions from APK Mirror etc and they won't install.

OK, finally got it
why not use samsung smart switch on the old phone to get it?

I can't find that on my J5 so you'd need to tell me where it is. I clicked on Samsung Cloud and the first thing it said was "access you contacts so files can be sent to all your friends" and we all know that "turn of sharing" really means "don't turn of sharing" and "things get sent to all your contacts" so that's 100% nonnegotiable dealbreaker.

Last edited:
Pretty sure there's no way to do this and so notes are gone forever. In my attempts I'm finding that Samsung Notes can only import notes that were exported from the exact same version of Notes (maybe within a couple months of each other) yet if the two phones are more than about half a year apart in age there is no version of Samsung Notes that will work on both. In other words there is zero backward- or forward compatability. If someone can prove me wrong that'd be great.

Back
Top Bottom