• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transfer Nook files to other reader

Rgarner

Android Expert
Can it be done? I was going to skip Nook, but I realized I have some things with them that I would be hard pressed to find elsewhere. Therefore, I have somewhat reluctantly downloaded the apk. What I like about Nook is especially the shelving and that they are not goohoo or amesson. Also there are no ads. Downsides are mainly no support for files other than epub and pdf, and apparently no way to download covers. Right now I am trying to use mainly Librera, but it has ads and a bit of a problem with covers. Most of them are ok but some could use work. Instead of shelves they seem to have playlists (!?). I had been struggling with sufficientlysecure.viewer, unfortunately too frustrating for me. Moon+Reader was good, especially for cover downloads, but then it somehow kept getting stuck on individual books, and once again, ads.

Could I get screenshots of a book and use that? Would it work with epub and/or pdf? I'm really getting tired of all these pi$$y things. I just want to read it, not sell a million copies from a pocket inside a trenchcoat in a dark alley.

nope.....NOOK has their own DRM which only works on their devices......sorry
But presumably if you have an existing library of non-DRM epubs it would be able to read those? If would only be books bought through NOOK that couldn't be read on other systems (or not if you live in a jurisdiction that forbids removal of DRM even for personal use, which I personally don't but I'm not up-to-date on US law in this regard).

But presumably if you have an existing library of non-DRM epubs it would be able to read those? If would only be books bought through NOOK that couldn't be read on other systems (or not if you live in a jurisdiction that forbids removal of DRM even for personal use, which I personally don't but I'm not up-to-date on US law in this regard).

ah, the bad ol' Digital Millennium Copyright Act(DMCA). :thumbsdowndroid:

Back
Top Bottom