• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bob 38

Lurker
Mar 9, 2014
How do I save photos onto my Samsung Galaxy Tablet TAB3 from my CF Card. I can connect my card reader to my Tablet see the photos but now I'm stuck, how do I open a file & save my photos to it.

I open a file gave it a name, transferred photos but cannot find them on my Tablet.

What am I doing wrong

Thank you

Where did you transfer them TO on your tablet? That's where they'll be. (Use Gallery to make sure that they actually transferred. It shows all pictures on the tablet, no matter where they are.)

If you still can't find them, you can delete them using Gallery. Then you can transfer them making sure that you transfer them to a folder you can find. (The Pictures folder might be a good choice, if you have one. If not, create one using a file manager.)

Upvote 0
Okay people, see who can help on this one!
I have a FOLDER of images, from a previous phone, on my PC. We'll call them FolderPics.
I want to load that folder (and images) onto/into my Tab3 8" SD card.
I attach my Tab3 to my pc
I see my PC. I see my tab.
WHERE do I place (copy/paste) that folder (FolderPics)? Into the Root of the SD card? Into the DCIM folder, on the SD card? Elsewhere on the SD card?
I've tried, expecting to see a folder named "FolderPics" to appear in Gallery, but it cannot be found anywhere, almost as if my Tab3 is hiding its presence..
Anyone any ideas, please?
I appreciate I COULD place the images individually (but collectively) into my SD card, but I want them to be in a separate folder?
Anyone??

Thanks

PS/ Yes I do use Dropbox, but I want the images present on the SD, for times I am unable to connect to the net.

Cheers

Upvote 0
This has been resolved, with Thanks to a poster (Bluzman) on Android Central, who suggested:-

Creation of a folder on my Tab3. Do NOT create in Gallery (as I had tried, as this only allows creation ON THE DEVICE).

The folder needs to be created by opening the "My Files" "app" on the device, and then going to External SD card, and THEN creating a folder (in the root).

Once having done so, that folder WILL (and does) appear in Gallery, so simply add the images into the folder.

Simples! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones