• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root transferring apps to the evo v 4g from triumph

Just bought an evo and am wondering how to transfer all my apps currently on my triumph. I have app extractor and plenty of back ups. Can anyone help or give me a link to what I'm looking to do. Thanks

Just bought an evo and am wondering how to transfer all my apps currently on my triumph. I have app extractor and plenty of back ups. Can anyone help or give me a link to what I'm looking to do. Thanks

if your rooted you can download titanium backup from the market ..it will allow you to backup all your apps to a folder on your sdcard.. then take the sd out if your moto and install in the evo..then re download titanium backup onto the evo. open up the app and go to its restore setting..it will magically restore all your apps onto your new phone bro

One way is to use Titanium backup from Play Store. The free version would do but it would be tedious (have to click "yes" per app restore). The Pro version do the batch backup and restore in just a few clicks. It's well worth it.

I like mybackup root more for some reason. Its simpler than titanium back up for me and it backed up my stuff perfectly :)

Since it's a different os, the same procedure for changing to a new rom will apply. While reloading your apps make sure that you just restore the data and not any of the settings

depending on the apps you might be better off just downloading them from the play store on the new device and just signing in to all your accounts.

most of the really popular apps are just portals to the online version, your stuff is saved in your account. facebook, email, instagram, twitter, youtube, g voice.

most other apps already have a feature to save the app data. i think most note apps can export the notes and GO SMS and lots of other sms apps can save your texts.

i say this because personally i have never had app backups work perfectly.

especially now becuase your going from 2.2 or 2.3 to 4.0

lots of apps have different versions for different androids and restoring the wrong version might break it.

Back
Top Bottom