• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Transform Ultra weak signal fix!

Deadroid

My Transform Ultra started losing signal, and it seemed to always have only a few white bars, etc. It was so bad, I was thinking about throwing it in the trash. It was unusable! I tried updating prl, new rom, etc, etc no help. So I decided to take it apart and find the antenna, it is located below the battery and comes through a slot in the back case. It looks like a piece of tape with two brass connector spots that will press against the motherboard. I took two pieces of telephone wire approximately 1

My Transform Ultra started losing signal, and it seemed to always have only a few white bars, etc. It was so bad, I was thinking about throwing it in the trash. It was unusable! I tried updating prl, new rom, etc, etc no help. So I decided to take it apart and find the antenna, it is located below the battery and comes through a slot in the back case. It looks like a piece of tape with two brass connector spots that will press against the motherboard. I took two pieces of telephone wire approximately 1

Psycho4us4 and Tattoedgod I will post pictures within a few days. This will help ensure there are no mistakes. Prior to me actually soldering the wires. I took back case cover off (6 screws), and then temporary taped the battery back into place. This allowed me to turn on phone with out holding the battery in place. Then I temporary twisted the telephone wire (small diameter about 4 inches long) on the motherboard and let it hang down. Then looked at signal status and put it through series of test. It was amazing. I will take and upload pictures soon.

Your probably right, but I have taken multi phones apart replacing cracked screens etc. My phone happen to get some moisture holding todders that came off the slip & slide. I needed to dry it out. Afterwards, antenna must have got damaged. So nothing to lose. It some much better and easy to achieve. This phone never had this good of a reception. Knowing what I know now, this would be the first modification I would do on a new phone. There is two tabs on the motherboard, the one towards to the middle of board is the data side, the other is tab closes to outside is for WIFI. These tabs hold tension on the antenna that is build into the case. Solder is on the tabs not really a big deal. Matter of fact, I made a mistake, and broke one tap off by not having it twisted on the tab and when I placed the back on the wire was not in the right location. Then I knew I was going to have to solder new wire to motherboard on one tab. I feel good about taking it back apart to give you pictures. Maybe some of you are no comfortable doing simple soldering? Heck you could just twist wire on tab, but regards you need bend wire properly to exit the case. Tabs are about a 1/2 inch lower than the sloted hole in back of case. This is the same location the orginial antenna is in. I believe the solid copper wire with added length makes a better antenna. " Not responsible for any damages that may arise from modify phone" I will post pictures this weekend, not able to post sooner because I have to work late. If you're afraid - don't do it, - If you're doing it - don't be afraid. ;)

Back
Top Bottom