• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Transformer Sold Out in UK?

i ordered one last thursday online from comet (to be delivered this thursday), so doesnt seem like an issue. You might not be able to find one in store tho.

EDIT: Just spoke to them on the phone, apparently next available date is to be delivered on 28th. Hope they dont delay mine!!

wifi only, of course you can tether to your phone if out and about, but its quite large for taking everywhere :P

Is anyone tempted to get one from the US? The price difference seems to be huge for the 16GB wifi versions.

When I got mine from Currys in Purley Way (big warehouse-shopping area in south London, for all you non-Englishers out there) the staff were scrabbling about to find a unit that wasn't the display model. They eventually found one but I suspect it may have been one of the few left.

I do find this a bit strange though as AFAIK the marketing of the Transformer - in the UK at least - has been mysteriously absent. Loads of ads for HTC and Samsung phones, and the Acer A500 is getting massive coverage (I don't need to mention the mememePad) but nothing from Asus. A slow-burning underground success, maybe?

There is an advert in the latest issue of Stuff magazine which shows the tablet and the keyboard dock, however what has confused me is that the Transformer has been absent from tablet comparisons and any other reporting in Stuff and T3 magazine which seems rather poor. Someone at Asus' UK marketing department is doing a really mediocre job to market such a good tablet.

I got mine from Currys in Cribbs Causeway, they had 2 in stock and didn't even seem to realise as they were both in their warehouse cage without one on display... More stock seems to be coming in to newer and larger Currys stores and Carphone Warhouse appear to have stock available now as well.

Ben

The supply chain is obviously stretched. There is no point spending a fortune in marketing it if there are not enough available, it is just a waste of money and frustrates consumers. I'm sure once the availability is improve so will the marketing. In the meantime the internet, blogs and forums are doing a good enough job of clearing the available stock anyway.

I got mine a few weeks back and am pretty happy with it, though I am waiting for the keyboard dock or case to come out.

Back
Top Bottom