• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Triangle Exclamation Point With Phone Logo

kikoman69

Lurker
Hi,

I just bought a SE Live W/ Walkman (wt19i) 3 days ago. and i tried updating the software to .62 from .58 unfortunately it didnt go well. heres what i did.

Ive removed my sim and memory then inserted my fone to the usb connected to my computer before updating. (being afraid everything might be lost.)

now after the 2nd part i was about to go to the 3rd part where the updating begins i was asked to remove the phone and turn it off by the instructions. so i did. now what happend was after i boot it up again as the instruction said. it only shows Sony Ericsson First then after the SE name a triangle with exclamation point inside with a phone beside it shows and the phone suddenly shutdown. could anyone help me fix this? i cant find much of a tutorial on the net but im still trying to search for one. if anyone could help me i would be really grateful.

Regards,
Kiko

Start the PC Companion without the phone connected to the PC, click on the Start button under Support Zone, then Software Update. Here there will be a pop up window saying "Your phone could not be found" and at the bottom of that window in blue letters you will see "Repair Phone". Do that option and follow the on-screen instructions and by the end your phone should be working properly.

Hi Josh,

I've got the same thing happening on mine since I updated with the Official ICS 4.0.3 Firmware.

The trouble is pc companion doesn't recognise my phone even if I hold down the back button. And my pc doesn't recognise my phone either.

Can you help?

Sorry for the late reply. I'd suggest that you try using a different computer or maybe a different USB cable. Unfortunately if that doesn't help the only option would be to send your phone to the nearest Sony Mobile service center for an evaluation.

Back
Top Bottom