• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root tried to install CWM Recovery Zip

good morning to all, i tried to install CWM Recovery ZIP from my computer and when i tried to out it on my phone my computer just went crazy and started to open up a ton of pages, now when i try to put my phone into ( fastboot) volume down + end + power i get an error reading stating step 1 of 2 and the 4 buttons on the bottom of the phone keep flashing...can anyone tell what is wrong and what i need to do to fix it....also i tried to download the TOE file and it tells me that i dont have enough space on my sd card to download it i only have 10 apps added to my phone and i am rooted and removed the metro apps i dont need and the ones suggested on this this site.....thank you

good morning to all, i tried to install CWM Recovery ZIP from my computer and when i tried to out it on my phone my computer just went crazy and started to open up a ton of pages, now when i try to put my phone into ( fastboot) volume down + end + power i get an error reading stating step 1 of 2 and the 4 buttons on the bottom of the phone keep flashing...can anyone tell what is wrong and what i need to do to fix it....also i tried to download the TOE file and it tells me that i dont have enough space on my sd card to download it i only have 10 apps added to my phone and i am rooted and removed the metro apps i dont need and the ones suggested on this this site.....thank you

HUH? you need a computer to put cwm on your phone, download cwm 2xxxx or 3xxxx and extract it to your desktop. now after that download TOE but dont extract it just place it on your sdcard.

Upvote 0
i have CWM version 3.0.0.5, i was trying to put icarus on my phone and it just went crazy when i tried to put it on my sdcard from my computer, when i hit the up volume + end call button + the power button i get a screen that says " firmware upate step 1/2 unpacking ( update failed ), first how do i fix this issue...if and when i can fix this issue everytime i try to download something to my sdcard it doesnt let me, how do i extract TOE to my sdcard, i have downloaded a few zip files and when i go into the screen where you can apply zip files ( fastboot mode ) and i try to install the files i get an abort message cause the file doesnt exsis, i am new to the whole smartphone world and would like to make my phone better, i really dont know how to extract zip files to my sdcard, i am not a computer wiz, so i am someone who has this phone cause it was cheap and the monthly bill is affordable, but i would like to make it better than what it is, i know it is possible cause alot of people on here has done it, i just dont know how

Upvote 0
i have CWM version 3.0.0.5, i was trying to put icarus on my phone and it just went crazy when i tried to put it on my sdcard from my computer, when i hit the up volume + end call button + the power button i get a screen that says " firmware upate step 1/2 unpacking ( update failed ), first how do i fix this issue...if and when i can fix this issue everytime i try to download something to my sdcard it doesnt let me, how do i extract TOE to my sdcard, i have downloaded a few zip files and when i go into the screen where you can apply zip files ( fastboot mode ) and i try to install the files i get an abort message cause the file doesnt exsis, i am new to the whole smartphone world and would like to make my phone better, i really dont know how to extract zip files to my sdcard, i am not a computer wiz, so i am someone who has this phone cause it was cheap and the monthly bill is affordable, but i would like to make it better than what it is, i know it is possible cause alot of people on here has done it, i just dont know how

you cant use cwm 3xxxx to install icarus, you need 2xxxxx it's in the tut...seem like you skip reading!!!! but go here:http://androidforums.com/ascend-all-things-root/287987-how-install-icarus-1-1-isaacj87.html

Upvote 0
i understand that i cant use 3xxx to install icarus, i downloaded the cwm recovery zip just like it said and did the whole fastboot thingy, and my computer just went wacky and statred to open around 30-40 pages and then i got that firmware update failure screen everytime i try to fastboot into cwm, do i need to just restore my phone to factory to get rid of it...i have wiped the data off my phone to see if it would go away, and it didnt still there

Upvote 0
when i hit the up volume + end call button + the power button i get a screen that says " firmware upate step 1/2 unpacking ( update failed ).....

You will never use the up volume, end call, and power button unless you are updating the firmware.
To install CWM, use the down volume, end call, and power.
To boot to CWM, use the up volume, make call, and power.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones