• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trouble connecting to wi-fi

nuttymoo

Lurker
I have just got a Xperia Neo and am happy so far execpt i cannot connect to my wifi at home. I have managed to connect to my mums no problem but at home, no good.
I went to the settings and went to add new network, it found mine i filled in my password and it connects - for about 10 seconds - then switches the wifi off. Why is this? do i need a new modem? (its about 5 years old) is it not compatible?
Is there an update i can do on the phone or modem?

I had a Blackberry before and it connected to my wifi no problem at all - wish id never changed now
I cannot get on the android market either with or without wifi so i am rapidly losing patience!
Hoping someone can offer some advice?

The market one is likely an easy fix: Main Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Market > Uninstall Updates.

In regards to the Wi-Fi, this is more likely an old router firmware problem. I would advise checking with the manufacturer of your router to confirm if there is any newer firmware available for installation.

Hi, thanks for the response.
i was told that the router may be an issue so i'm going to look online this weekend to see if we can update it.
Also i can go on the SOny Erriccson website and update the phone - would this be any help??
I've followed these steps to uninstall updates , gone to the All tab but the only thing i can find is 360 updates file - is this it?

thanks for your help

That is odd, under the "All" tab you should literally have all of the installed applications including system applications etc. You may want to double check to make sure you were not on the tab to the right of "All".

In regards to the update, yes you can though I would not want to confirm that it will make a big difference to this issue but it can not hurt:

Vivaz? pro - Update Service - Downloads - Mobile phones - Support - Sony Ericsson

Don't worry that is for another phone, the software is the same.

Back
Top Bottom