• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Trouble with FolderMount

LG Fanatic

Android Enthusiast
May 13, 2014
Northeast USA
Any Leon users out there have any success with FolderMount? It's been my go to root app for moving big app data to sd card for a few years now. Now, I can't seem to get it to work properly(I suspect it has something to do with how Lollipop handles sd cards). When I first ran it on the Leon, a pop up asking to patch the system came up and I hit yes. The patch was installed successfully and it automatically rebooted my phone. The problem is after moving big app data(the 1.5gb obb file for Asphalt 8 for example) to the sd card and mounting it, the app(Asphalt 8) asks to download the data again as if the data folder is empty. Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Aww, really? I'll wait till the CM12.1's battery icon is fixed before trying it.

It works good enough for me not to care.

tmp_10462-Screenshot_2015-07-28-00-53-21-569096181.png

Upvote 0
Okay, so the battery indicator works well enough, that you won't suddenly find yourself thinking you have more battery life than you actually do?
Actually that is much of the case. It works, then it doesn't. My phones been on the charger for like 2 hours untouched and it still says 32%. It refreshes after a reboot, but then it may or may not show the battery drainage and it has shut off unexpectedly. Its hit or miss, but like @Bichofelix said it works to enough of a degree that I don't care.
It'll get fixed and that's enough incentive for me

Upvote 0
Charging doesn't work. Draining is accurate as long as you use powersave. It will update every so often. After charge simply reboot to recovery, power off from there, then power on again. That's about it.

Eh, I've used this thing since the day it was built. Worlds better than stock rom. I even reflashed stock to check and it's just so god**** laggy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones