• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trouble with installed Android OS - HELP !!!

Inzera

I have a new tablet which is running Android 12. It is an Xgody N01Pro and is one of the Chinese made tablets and works fine. I have even double-checked that it actually is running Android 12 as I know there are cases where shady manufacturers show Android XX but actually have a previous version installed. Anyway, I have a small problem:-

I am trying to download an online banking app (from Google Play) from one of the major banks. The trouble is that I get a message saying "this app will not work with your device". I have been onto the bank's tech team and they say that the app should work on any OS after Android 8 so clearly mine should work. The only possible thing that I need to check out is that on the Settings/about screen, where it gives tech details, there is a heading saying "Custom build" and shows it as version
alps-mp-s0.mps-V4.92. So I am wondering if the manufacturers have tweaked the standard Android 12 version and that it is this "Custom build thing that is stopping the download.

Any ideas on what I can do now??

Thanks in advance
I

I presume then that it is my "custom version" OS that is stopping the particular banking app download except that I have got 150 apps on tablet and not one of them has stopped me downloading it.

1. Well, I have scanned tablet with a root checking app and my device is not rooted
2. I cleared all the cache on Google Play as suggested but made no difference.
3. I should have pointed out that I tried installing 4 other banking apps and they all allowed me to install.
4. Is there a SIMPLE way for someone like me to replace my existing Android version and download any latest version of Android and install it ??

Unfortunately, no. You are limited to what the mfr. has installed on the device and the updates they provide (if any). Unlike other OS's like Windows, Android is device-specific so if there is no version available for your particular device there isn't anything you can do.
For whatever reason that one banking app doesn't like the hardware or OS.
You could try contacting the mfr. but given that it's a cheap/generic Chinese device it's unlikely you'll have any success.
I'd agree with the suggestion to use the browser to access that bank. The alternative is probably to get a different tablet.

Back
Top Bottom