• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Trouble with link2sd

I don't know if it is possible currently to move all the applications to the SD Card anymore , I keep getting a PIE error when attempting to create my partition for my apps (ext2,3&4) [PIE=position independent executables] when I create the partitions on my computer it and then insert the card into my Android device (LG Leon) the ext partition isn't detected; only the fat 32 . I've done this same process countless times before on other versions of Android and I don't understand why it isn't working now. here's a thread reference in case no one knows how to do this and, to validate that I do know how. Any help would be appreciated. I'm curious if flashing a zip that nullifies the PIE check is a workaround. I've found one in xda but I'm having issues also finding my backups I keep making in TWRP , so I don't want to flash anything crazy relying on only titanium to cover me just yet. This phone only has 3-4 gbs available after debloating and updating the apps by Google that I actually use so; I would really like to take advantage of SD card storage so I can utilize my favorite apps.

http://tutorial-fornewbie.blogspot.com/2013/04/how-to-use-link2sd-on-android-device.html?m=1

If you use esaus partion manager on your computer and set the second partion as primary as well you should be fine. But i use link2sd and if i link anything other than the app itself. The app stops working or crashes. Kinda defeats the purpose when some of my games have 1 gig obb files.

Have you tried folder mount?
Foldermount, link2sd, gl2sd...none of them work. I believe its kernel side. Same thing happened to us over the Desire 510 forums on xda and thanks to rbheromax and pattyboi we were able to fix ext-sd for app data.
We need to bug rbheromax, im trying to get him on board for this device. We at Team YAR specialize in mid-range/low-end price devices for the masses who need a better experience. Get at him ppl!

Back
Top Bottom