• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trouble with sign-in on some websites

Kie

Android Expert
Hey all,

I'm having a problem with sign-in on some websites, in particular, the foxsports EPL on demand website. Whenever I go to try and sign in, it just resets the page. I know my credentials are correct. Pretty much every other website log-in works except this. Is this a common problem or site-specific? Has anyone encounted it before?

Thanks,
Kie

Edit: I've tried stock, firefox and dolphin browser, all with the same results.

What do you mean by reset the page? I tried it myself for you. I clicked the ONDEMAND, get into the register page and complete the info required. The result is I get back to the previous page I come from while with my name on the right corner. Maybe you can try again.

Thanks for going through the trouble of trying!

Here's what I do: I've subscribed to the EPL on demand service, so I want to look at the 45min summary vids every now and then. I go here, click on a vid at the bottom, and it comes up with a login screen (existing customers). Typing in a username and password and clicking sign-in just brings me back to the same page. I tried the upper-right corner sign-in as well; same result.

I'm using an SGS2 on 2.3.3 stock. I've enabled cookies. I've got the latest flash.

I'm thinking it could be site-specific and I've emailed the support team with my problem...I'm not hopeful.

The support team got back to me and said their site doesn't support Android. lol! Typical IT response. Even though I can play videos on that site that don't require a sign-in. Their webmaster is a horrible coder.

I tried it on Dolphin but it didn't work. Is there a way to do it on the stock browser?

Edit: nvm found a way. I noticed that desktop mode is very slow because it's not optimised. Unfortunately I can't decide whether the lack in speed is worth it because it still doesn't work :(

Thanks for the tip though!

Back
Top Bottom