• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Try at your own risk

Lilg37

Again I repeat myself do not do this.if.u have not
1. Flashed the optimus C custom recovery
2. Ever read anything or everything posted by rebel
3. If u have not flashed cm7

All three steps.are very important.bc if u dont listen
U WILL BRICK UR.PHONE!

Heres why
Optimus c has its own recovery.now so use it or ull fail
Read rebels post so u understand the risk and methods
And heres y u.need to flash cm7
It minipulates ur phone to 2.3.3 and also has the metropcs OS so it will work only after cm7
U can flash the sence rom from optimus M and no issues

Ok help me out here b/c idgi --

I flashed the Xionia Recovery to my phone, but I haven't actually used it for anything. It's just there and it's fine, but I haven't flashed any ROMS because I was told explicitly not to use Xionia. I want to get rid of that & use the Optimus C Custom Recovery.

How do I go about putting that Optimus C custom recovery on my phone and getting rid of the Xionia?

Go to rebels tesyer.link.thread, go go his blog get the url. Click a few ads
Open the zip and open the READ ME file in word pad and follow the steps using android termulator

Again I repeat myself do not do this.if.u have not
1. Flashed the optimus C custom recovery
2. Ever read anything or everything posted by rebel
3. If u have not flashed cm7

All three steps.are very important.bc if u dont listen
U WILL BRICK UR.PHONE!

Heres why
Optimus c has its own recovery.now so use it or ull fail
Read rebels post so u understand the risk and methods
And heres y u.need to flash cm7
It minipulates ur phone to 2.3.3 and also has the metropcs OS so it will work only after cm7
U can flash the sence rom from optimus M and no issues

Consult with me before saying things like this. I modified the kernel in each rom. The sense rom will flash but you will run into data issues and failures if you do not know how to correct it.I ran it for a while doing different test and i wasn't able to get online at all via 1x or 3g after a while. It only happens in certain areas I THINK so before anyone attempts it i've got one that's pretty different coming out that has a sense UI. It doesn't have this issue and allows overclock. So just wait before using that.

Back
Top Bottom