• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Trying to flash SBF 2.2

Bankswood

Android Expert
Failure. Ok I rooted using Visionary. Everything works great but my camera will not open so I thought I would flash with 2.2 and start over. See if that was the issue. I did a hard reset of the system and the phone is still rooted which I understand. My problem is I can't seem to figure out how to successfully flash. I downloaded both RSD Lite and SBF 2.2. I have attached my Droid X to my PC and checked debugging. I have opened the Droid X window on my PC which only shows my SD Card. I then go to my folder holding both RSD Lite and 2.2. I click on RSD Lite and open it and install it. After that I'm lost. Nothing happens. What am I suppose to do move forward. Thanks

Not sure I know what you mean. I conect the Droid to the computer and open the Droid window I have to go to my documents and open the folder I made holding both the RSD Lite program and the 2.2. When I open RSD Lite it opens a window and shows me the Droid is connected. The box is asking for a file. Should I enter the 2.2 file name in there?

Sprtsfanmm, I wised up and figured out how to puxh 2.2 through. My Droid now says Booloader

Battery OK
OK to program
Transfer Mode:
USB

Do I need to do anything else or is it loading? How long should it take?

Sprtsfanmm, I wised up and figured out how to puxh 2.2 through. My Droid now says Booloader

Battery OK
OK to program
Transfer Mode:
USB

Do I need to do anything else or is it loading? How long should it take?

you need to hit start on your RSD....your phone should switch and say SW Updating while it installs the SBF

sould take about 5 or so min....if it doin its thing just let it run....you will want to boot it in to recovery after and wipe your data/cache as when i dont do that i tend to be in a boot loop until i do....also your first boot will take some time so let it sit there

The RSD window will tell you the completion percentage once you click the start button in the application. When it is finished, it will either say complete, or it will say please manually reboot your device. Once it says one of those two things, it is complete.

Before I got your response I completed the flash successfully, sort of. I did do a factory reset. My phone is back but ot actually working. I have a blue triangle in the notification bar and when I try to make a call Verizon comes on says they are redirecting me to an operator. What's Up

piggybacking this help thread. what do you do if rsdlite fails flash process when creating image file? phone is in bootloader

piggybacking this help thread. what do you do if rsdlite fails flash process when creating image file? phone is in bootloader

I created a thread with some things to check out here.

There is a memory bug with RSDLite that can cause it to fail. Follow the instructions in the thread and see if it works for you.

Back
Top Bottom