• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Trying to get "haters gonna hate" boot animation,but failing

BrianJB

Android Enthusiast
Hey everyone,

I had the kinged v1.3 on my phone earlier, but my phone just didnt like it too much. So I ended up going back to alliance rom 7.6. But I really liked the haters gonna hate boot animation from the kinged rom.

I pulled the .zip file from the kinged rom, and copied it over the boot animation for 7.6. But whats weird is that the original boot animation for 7.6 is gone, but its not the haters gonna hate animation, its just says "android" and its outlined with blue. Phone boots fine and everything, but i've been pulling out my hair trying to figure out what I am going wrong?

Any ideas?

first ? i guess would be did you have to rename it? rename it correctly? did it get renamed on accident? :confused:

EDIT - i'm pretty sure boot animations are not rom specific... i've made a few of my own and they have worked on which ever rom i was running at the time...

first ? i guess would be did you have to rename it? rename it correctly? did it get renamed on accident? :confused:

EDIT - i'm pretty sure boot animations are not rom specific... i've made a few of my own and they have worked on which ever rom i was running at the time...

Yeah,its named correctly. Do I need to set any special permission on the .zip in root explorer?

Make sure its not .zip.zip, with the whole hidden file extensions on Windows.

Yeah,its not .zip.zip

The file shows up fine on my phone, I can see the .png files. And like I said I was able to remove the roms orginal boot animation. I put the new bootanimation.zip in the same location with root explorer and it still does nothing.

Is there anything I am possibly missing?

have you saved the original boot animation? make sure your permissions are like the original... i believe they should be rw-r-r....

have you saved the original boot animation? make sure your permissions are like the original... i believe they should be rw-r-r....

I changed the permissions to what you said and I still get the android boot screen.

Should I try to put the .zip in another directory?

as long as it's in the same dir as the original, that's where it should be... not sure where to go from here... you could re install the original animation, or re flash the rom and double check the permissions... they may be different for the rom you're running.... my last suggestion would be a cache wipe... couldn't hurt... sorry couldn't be more help....

Ok, so after HOURS of messing with this. I finally got it to work. And this is how I did it;

I went and extracted the "haters gonna hate" boot animation from the kinged 1.3 rom, it was named "hTcbootanimation". The boot animation on the alliance rom 7.6 was named "spcbootanimation"

I had to rename the "hTcbootanimation" to "spcbootanimation" then place it on the root of my sd card, then in root explorer I moved it to where my roms boot animation was and pasted it over it and it worked.

What my issue was that I read you could just delete roms boot.zip and then drop in whichever boot.zip you wanted (as long as it was the same name)...But for some reason I guess you have to actually PASTE OVER the stock boot.zip

Geez what a nightmare...but hey, I finally got it.

Thanks for everyones help!

Back