• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Trying to get photos with cracked screen

alimcc22

Lurker
Hi,
I am newly registered here, so apologies if this has been covered before or is in the wrong place. I've had a look around but can't find the answer to my problem.

So... The screen is cracked and unresponsive. WiFi is off and photos only back up when WiFi is on. I have PC companion, however I was playing around with an app before this happened and enabled USB debugging. I assume this is the reason that my PC not not recognise my phone as a media device. Either that or the wrong USB connection mode is set.

So I googled a lot and came up with 'Eclipse ADT' and a screen cast service. This did not help as my phone is not rooted.

I am asking here because there must be something I can do. My photos are videos are there. I'm struggling to imagine that I cannot get them because of one setting and am hoping that a program exists which will do what I need. My insurance company will most likely reset the phone or replace it. Please help! I have a lot of special photos and videos

Thanks

Does the display still work? If so you can use a USB-OTG cable to connect a mouse and use that as a substitute for touch activation.

Back
Top Bottom