• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

trying to unlock bootloader but drivers problem?

xxbenikxx

Lurker
hello guys.im trying to install twrp in my device j7 2016(sm-j710f) i have android 8.1 oreo.when i flash twrp odin says pass and i open my phone but there is the stock recovery.i read somewhere that it is because bootloader is locked.im trying to unlock bootloader via adb but in fastboot commands i get waiting for device.i have searched on the internet but nothing was working for me because when i go to the bootloader mode my phone isnt shown on device manager on pc while it makes the sound of a connected device.any ideas and another way to unlock bootloader? thanks

do you have adb setup correctly? are you pointing the path for the command to the right folder? can you post a screen shot of the command window?

Samsung devices do not use fastboot.
If you have OEM Unlock toggled on in Developer Options and received a pass with Odin flashing TWRP, your stock recovery is overwriting TWRP on reboot.
Try unchecking Auto Reboot in Odin.
Flash TWRP again and if you receive a Pass in Odin, unplug the phone and remove the battery.
Wait a few seconds and replace the battery and use the button combination to boot into recovery. Should be TWRP.
To get TWRP to stick, you need to flash the latest version of Magisk in TWRP.
After reboot TWRP should be the new recovery and then you need to install the latest Magisk Manager App.

Back
Top Bottom