• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TTS Please!

robot phone

May 16, 2010
Hi, I would greatly apreciate if anyone could come up with text-to-speech aps for the following: Pandora, Sprint TV., and the web browser. I need to be able to hear what is there so I can click on it. How would you want to have things work if you had no sight at all, but wanted to use all the cool stuff the sighted folks use? That's what to keep in mind. TV Raman and the folks at GoogleCode have some good ideas and tips for Devs. Thanks so much and God bless.

Here is a great vidio for coders who want to know how to create text-to-speech aps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS-ju61vOQw
If it would be easier, just creating scripts that help Google's screen-reader, TalkBack, work with common aps such as Pandora, the browser, and Sprint TV. would be great. I'm not picky. I would just like to be able to use more aps on my phone. Woops, didn't mean to sound like I'm begging.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones