• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Turn Based RPGs? Do you want them?

One thing I've always wanted is a grand crafting system in an RPG. Something that is more or less optional and fun but makes items/equipment comparable to store/loot. But, gear that isn't exactly better or the best but for a different job.

I was thinking of doing something like that. But maybe in another series. For now, taking the crown for Android RPGs will be our target

Speaking of RPGs, I'm currently developing the Battle Engine and the Android layout. Do I have any guinea pigs willing to try it out for me so I can gather some feedback?

Upvote 0
If I were you, instead of it being a turned based RPG like FFT (Style that is currently only wanted by a specific group of users.) If your really trying to make something that captures what the mainstream games are and the RPG turn based element. I would do something like an RPG that makes you battle the monsters you "randomly encounter" by battleing them with like a "bejeweled" type of game. (ie; matching 4 diamonds = 6 damage, etc)

Catering to casual puzzle players (Majority of users that play android games) and rpg fans.

you can go deeper like classes / spells / etc. (Puzzle pieces) but yea I think that type would be better for the android market.

Make the game free to play without ads.
Make cash shop to refill health / mana / etc. / unlock classes / better monster battle drops / more exp drops / (Prob use more causual friendly terms)

Make it so the game is not required to spend money so if your good at the game you won't have to spend money, but if you make too many mistakes you have to either wait or spend money. (losing to monsters makes you lose health and health doesnt automatically refill without spending in game currency / time / real money for a hp pill that refills up to XXX hp after every battle) something like that

My 2 cents.

Upvote 0
Yeh sorry hiloboys, I won't be doing that. At least not right now and in not that way. I am considering making my team a RPG team where we try out all different types of RPGs. But right now we're focusing on the JRPG. Actually, it's a BRPG (British Role Playing Game) :p

Progress on the RPG engine is going great! The Buying/Selling items engine is almost done and next week we start on Exploration (Overworlds, Towns, etc). This is the big one because after that we have the means to build RPGs!

Reactions: Montoya
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones