• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Turn off VZW LTE radio

Does anyone have a way of doing this? I called Tech and their emulators show it being available in the wireless networks inside settings < more settings < mobile networks, but none of the 4 S3's I have access to have a "wireless networks" option. The VZW tech was at a loss, and said he put a feedback in about it for the emulators to be updated. I would really like to have a toggle for this since I don't live in a 4G area and I know this draining the battery looking for a 4g signal. TIA.
 
The Wireless networks isn't an option. It's the window that contains "WiFi, Bluetooth, Data Usage" and then there is a "More Settings" option under that. Tap that and you'll see Mobile Networks at the bottom.
 
The Wireless networks isn't an option. It's the window that contains "WiFi, Bluetooth, Data Usage" and then there is a "More Settings" option under that. Tap that and you'll see Mobile Networks at the bottom.

I don't see that on my phone. See screen shots please .
Screenshot_2012-07-09-12-44-42.png

Screenshot_2012-07-09-12-44-47.png

Screenshot_2012-07-09-12-44-51.png
 
*sigh* I guess this is another change Verizon made. My Sprint phone has an option to switch from CDMA to CDMA/LTE in this menu. I was hoping the Verizon phone would have the same option.

I also fixed the image tags in your first post to make it so it's more apparent on what you're talking about.
 
Has anyone tried any of the 4G toggles from the market? I would, but my phone doesn't get delivered until Wednesday.

Also, I wonder if there is a database modification that can be made similar to the ongoing wifi notification issue.
 
Back
Top Bottom