• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Turning Mobile Data On and Off

RJB

Jul 16, 2010
Back on my Galaxy S - running FroYo - when I long-pressed the power button, "Turn Mobile Data On/Off" was an option.

People must have liked that, because they took it away by the time I had a Note running ICS. On that, I installed the "Switch 3G On/Off" widget; it wasn't a toggle, but it took you directly to the correct screen.

People must have liked that, because the app doesn't even run on my Edge (KitKat). So, what app/shortcut/advice does anyone have, so I don't have to go Notifications=>Settings=>More Networks>Mobile networks?

Thanks

On the pull-down menu at the top isn't it? Toggle data on or off. I don't have an Edge, but it's been there on every phone I've had. I used to have Galaxy S with Froyo then GB as well.
No, it isn't there. And it wasn't on the Note running ICS.

I found an app, but the only non-app way is to pull down to Notifications, go to Settings, go to More Networks, and select Mobile networks...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones