• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
It depends on the TV. Different TV manufacturers have different standards for the same "standard". so some ways that work for one TV may not work for another one.

For instance, Samsung's "Screen mirroring" is their implementation of an industry standard - but it won't work with anyone else's implementation of that same standard, so my Samsung phone won't stream to my Vizio TV - even though they're both based on the same "standard" (which isn't standard).

Upvote 0
It depends on the TV. Different TV manufacturers have different standards for the same "standard". so some ways that work for one TV may not work for another one.

For instance, Samsung's "Screen mirroring" is their implementation of an industry standard - but it won't work with anyone else's implementation of that same standard, so my Samsung phone won't stream to my Vizio TV - even though they're both based on the same "standard" (which isn't standard).

I have seen advertised Samsung allshare dongle which is advertised as compatible.

The only problem is that all sellers are outside Europe and postage and duty make it expensive.

Any ideas.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones