• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Two Questions (Heytell and Power Button)

shiggity

Hey Guys,

Ok, got 2 question which are hopefully simple to answer.

1. HeyTell - For one of the friends on my HeyTell list, the message history between her and I are not saved in chronological order, but instead, it's saved alphabetically. This obviously makes it hard to follow the message history. How do I fix this?

2. Power off button - When I hold the power button, the option to restart doesn't work. What I mean is that it will shut down but will not restart. How do I fix this?

2a. What's the diff b/w Shut Down and Restart?

Thanks so much guys.

My restart works... The difference is obviously that one shuts it down and the other restarts it. I wonder if an app is interfering with that on yours.

I've noticed that Fastboot mucks with with power off and reboot options. So I disabled it. It's done by Menu (button) > Settings > Power. I'll deal with a slower bootup if it means that the volatile memory (RAM) loses power and clears everything out. Fastboot keeps power to the RAM to restore the phone faster and that just seems to nullify the point of doing a reboot or power cycle.

It reminds me of sleep mode and I hate sleep mode. Computers sleep like I do, we're grumpy when we wake up. :)

Fastboot is on, no issues with restart. Suggest trying factory reset under SD & phone storage, don't erase / format card.

Sleep function in electronics extends life, enhances reliability.

No comment on the grumpy.

My restart works... The difference is obviously that one shuts it down and the other restarts it. I wonder if an app is interfering with that on yours.

I guess what I wasn't sure was whether if shutting down actually clears the memory like restarting does? When you do a restart, the warning message pops up whereas shutting down, it doesn't show up.

So I did some more restarts/shutdowns and it seems like my phone DOES restart now. I don't know why it does now, but perhaps it had something to do with fastboot as another user suggested. Though I have it still kept on.

Back
Top Bottom