• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ugh, my phone isn't taking the update

mplevy

Android Expert
I attempted earlier this week to manually install the update, it wouldn't go for me. I got the notification this AM about the update, selected to reboot and got the error screen. After reboot when I go to check for system updates it tells me I'm up to date with 2.0.1...

I may back up my texts, though I don't have any critical info there, and do a factory reset then try the manual update process again. Factory reset shouldn't wipe the SD card, right?

Update still errors, even after a cache and data wipe. I may have to go to my local VZW store...

As soon as I booted to the actual OS and it started syncing it actually prompted to do the update and it failed AGAIN...

It's really tragic that in some cases it's easier to hack your phone for root access and flash a custom rom than it is to just use OTA updates.

With the error that comes up when I try to do the manual update I have a feeling that I'd have trouble even if I was trying to root it and put a custom ROM on...

The error referenced the alarm clock app one time and contacts the other. In both cases it said the update failed. Unfortunately I can't take a screen cap of it to post.

I just got back from the Verizon store, the tech spent 90 minutes on it, by himself and with tech support on the phone, Verizon has done all they can. They advised I call Motorola on Monday, or I come back Monday and they'll call for me. If Motorola can't figure it out, Verizon will exchange the phone.

I think that since it is an ota update, I think that if they couldn't fix it in the store today, they should've replaced it today.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

The guy said that since Motorola is the one that's pushing it they want to explore support from there before doing an exchange. That came from the call-in Verizon support...

IMG_0306.png

That's the error I get when I try to manually update...

I just downloaded from the link in the manual update thread and put it right on the phone as it downloaded.

I just called Motorola, they advised to get the phone exchanged, I tried everything they would have...

Back
Top Bottom