• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Un-Synching Facebook App - Arghh....

OK, so I logged into Facebook on my laptop and removed the synched contacts that included phone numbers. Then I launched the FB app on my Atrix. Go to Menu > Settings. There are THREE sections to the Settings page... General, Notifications, and Other Settings. I cannot access the Other Settings where I believe the Synch can be deactivated. Am I NOT looking in the right place?

Help!

Thanks.

Fizz

Go into the ACCOUNTS application (in the app drawer) and remove your Facebook account.

MotoBlur pulls your FB contacts through this connector, if I'm not mistaken.

I once removed FB contacts from my contact list and all my contacts disappeared. Had to go to ATT store to restore contacts from my old Ipjhone to Atrix.

Not sure what happened, but that sucked big time. Next time I never gave my FB account info to BLUR.

Whoever is using android should backup all their contacts to gmail... it makes life so much easier... doesn't matter what phone you change to then... as soon as you sign in your contacts will sync to your phone...

And as for the fb thing... either delete fb from your blur account OR when you go into the fb app then just change its sync to DO NOT SYNC...

DrunkFuX said:
...... OR when you go into the fb app then just change its sync to DO NOT SYNC...

This is what I am having difficulty in doing. The 'Other Settings' section that appears at the bottom of the 'Settings' screen in the FB app that I cannot access.

Check it out.

Back
Top Bottom