• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to change certain settings

So, I just rooted my phone by downgrading and rooting (thanks ShabbyPenguin), but for some reason some settings are unable to be changed.

Unable to change this setting:
(darn, I can't post images)
Well, the setting is "Favorite Apps or Ca.." under Settings > My Device > Lock Screen > Lock Screen Widgets, which is stuck on Favorite Apps without me being able to change it.

The reason I am wondering why this is is because I am trying to get Dash Clock widget onto my lock screen. When I try to by swiping down and to the left at the lock screen, nothing happens, but the dash clock page says a plus button should appear.

EDIT: I went onto the Dash Clock play store page and they said "To add the widget to your Android 4.2 device's lock screen, first make sure that "Enable widgets" is turned on in your security settings. "

I cannot find such setting.

Why is this happening and is there any way to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Build Version: MJ4
Carrier: T-Mobile

On this phone, the Lock Screen Widgets menu is under My Device -> Lock Screen.

Since you're rooted, you can also install the Xposed framework, and install certain modules (such as Wanam) that give you more control over your lockscreen and other things (many, many other things).

Back
Top Bottom