• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unable to copy files to sdcard

galapogos

Feb 2, 2010
Hi,

I can't seem to copy files to the sdcard inserted into the phone. When I try to do this with Windows Explorer, it just hangs there, and the sdcard area of the phone gets really hot. Once I unplug the USB cable Windows Explorer resumes, but the phone is still stuck there and unresponsive to any button/touch screen presses, and the phone remains hot. Copying from the sdcard works.

Does anyone else have this problem?

when i try to copy it says please insert drive.
when i plug it to the computer it just opens an empty drive.
i have installed drivers and nothing.
uninstall drivers and it lets me get in only one time take the sd card out and put in the computer and i can do anything i want with my 8 gig class 6 and 4 gig class 4 but with them in the phone cant copy or paste.tried new cables not sure how to fix this.i can live with it but it still bugs me guess i cant root it till i fix it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones