• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Unable to establish a wireless data connection"

I have a brand new HTC Desire 816, and today I keep getting an error message popping up "Unable to establish a wireless data connection. LTE:EMM-65535".

What does that mean, and how do I stop it?

I checked the settings for data, and everything seems to be turned on or the box is checked. So why am I getting an error message?

You may need to reprogram your sims and device . I think that can be mis match sims . this is aka as a rep doing the job fast and half did it

Im having the same problem but I cant even fully activate my phone. I can make calls and send texts but cannot access the network. Ive got plenty of signal. Ive called Virgin Mobile and they said the phone was defective. So I called QVC and they replaced it. Now the new does the exact same thing. I even called HTC and that didn't help either. Whats going on???? Its not a smartphone if you cant access the network on the go. Any ideas? And for my service provider it doesn't show Virgin Mobile it is showing HTC. I think something in the APN was not programmed right. Thoughts? I would appreciate it.

Im having the same problem but I cant even fully activate my phone. I can make calls and send texts but cannot access the network. Ive got plenty of signal. Ive called Virgin Mobile and they said the phone was defective. So I called QVC and they replaced it. Now the new does the exact same thing. I even called HTC and that didn't help either. Whats going on???? Its not a smartphone if you cant access the network on the go. Any ideas? And for my service provider it doesn't show Virgin Mobile it is showing HTC. I think something in the APN was not programmed right. Thoughts? I would appreciate it.

It may be an account provisioning problem, especially if you just came from a non LTE device on Virgin Mobile. Changes need to be made to allow your new phone to use data correctly. Usually it happens automatically when you swap phones but it sounds like something has gone wrong.

A first step you can try is to reactivate your phone to the network by entering ##72786# in your dialer. Your phone will go through a series of restarts and updates that should hopefully connect your data.

If that doesn't work, you can try calling and asking for your account to be reprovisioned, but there's no guarantee that the tech support person you talk to will do it. You can also try emailing saveme@thevirginangels.com, which is the address for the UA based social media support team (or message them through their Facebook page if you use Facebook) . They ask for a description of the problem, your name, full physical address, phone number and PIN. Usually they have been able to help me when phone support has not. Just be aware that it can take time between replies since they help many people and aren't available 24 hours. Good luck and I hope something helps!

Hello welcome to the forums. Can I ask are you rooted and who is your carrier.

Have no idea what "rooted" means.
Carrier is Virgin Mobile (only one I can afford).

I would expect for the price they charge for phones nowadays, these things would come fully set up for instant use.....not having to "debug" the damned thing within the first two weeks of using it!

I was having the same problem. What worked for me was to first update the system, then set the data mode to CDMA only. While in that mode update the profile then switched back to LTE/CDMA and it worked just fine.

Looks like EHRPD:65535 = service is out in your area. Apparently the tower serving my area has been down for about a week so far according to updates from customer service.

Looks like EHRPD:65535 = service is out in your area. Apparently the tower serving my area has been down for about a week so far according to updates from customer service.
eHRPD = Extra High Rate Packet Data. The eHRPD network is supposed to handle the handoff between 4g & 3g, but in my experience, it doesn't do a good job doing so. If i find myself on eHRPD, i change from cdma/lte to cdma only which usually allows me to use data (3g/1xrt)

Back
Top Bottom