• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unable to reinstall apps

I rooted a few weeks ago, am running xtrsense 3.0.1 and apps2sd. Certain apps that i had installed prior to root were not working after root. I tried to uninstall these and reinstall. Whenever I tried the reinstall, there is an error stating insufficient storage available. Checking the SD card, it says 140 MB available. I seem to be able to install new apps, but not reinstall previously installed. The specific apps this has happened with are Better Keyboard, shazam and handcent. Any suggestions?

I rooted a few weeks ago, am running xtrsense 3.0.1 and apps2sd. Certain apps that i had installed prior to root were not working after root. I tried to uninstall these and reinstall. Whenever I tried the reinstall, there is an error stating insufficient storage available. Checking the SD card, it says 140 MB available. I seem to be able to install new apps, but not reinstall previously installed. The specific apps this has happened with are Better Keyboard, shazam and handcent. Any suggestions?

Do you have apps2sd enabled?

Also, when you de-installed those apps did you first clear data and cache in each of them?

Sometimes that needs to be done manually in order for the system to see them actually, totally "gone."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones