• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to send a text message

Brucej

Lurker
Unable to send/receive a text message.
SMS Error
Radio Interface Resource Shortage
Details
Cause Code:64
Error Class:2

When I go into Settings: MMS Settings: Connection Settings: everything is greyed out. Should it be that way? Is there something I need to set up first?

New at this smartphone thing. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

I think my emails are also not going out, but no error message with those.

I had that problem last night, but mine was an error 97. After I made my first phone call through the phone and got the sprint activation lil voice thing, all was good.

Google shows this:
Error Code 64 Unknown error. Sign in failed.
Please try again. If the problem persists, turn your
phone off then turn it on again. Reason unspecified by
the network. In this situation the user should simply
continue trying or cycle power on the device

Call sprint, you have a lock in the messaging center! It did happened to me this morning and it got resolved

call *2, option 4, option 6, tell them about code 64 and see if you have a lock in the messaging center, they will remove it and send you a test message, you will get the message after 1-2 minutes and wala your text works again

Call sprint, you have a lock in the messaging center! It did happened to me this morning and it got resolved

call *2, option 4, option 6, tell them about code 64 and see if you have a lock in the messaging center, they will remove it and send you a test message, you will get the message after 1-2 minutes and wala your text works again

This just worked for me also!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

went to text and i couldn't even type a message. this has happened twice, and both times, i restarted the phone. is this something that will continue to happen, and next time, should i just call sprint and ask them to unlock as suggested in earlier posts?

i have the evo 4G and for sum reason i am unable to send text messages to my husband. i can recieve his messges but he does not recieve any of my texts. i factory reset my fone and the problem has not fixed. its been months that i have been unable to text his fone, any advice on this problem ??
:confused:

I have the same error code with my phone, I tried dialing the *2 number, but I don't have service at all and the number won't work on any phone other than mine. I have Virgin Mobil which is powered by sprint and I don't know what to do. I have factory reset my phone twice now, the second time because of the error. I can't make calls or text, I can't receive anything. I hope someone can help :/

i experienced the similar problem where phone was unable to send the message to friend iphone to whom i send them allot:), i have checked all the setting and cancel d , the mobile network and wifi , no joy, finally i delete the outgoing and incoming text message and specially a message from third party with special characters , bingo all started to work , and no problem so far..............

Back
Top Bottom