• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to transfer files to Windows 10 Or Linux Mint 19.1

deepakdeshp

I am not able to connect my phone to my Mint 19.1 Cinnamon laptop or Windows. I used to connect it. I am unable to see how to set the MTP option .I havent changed the MTP option after it was working. The file size is 1.6 GB so bluetooth etc wont work.

Thanks for any help.

Plug in the device and pull down on status bar, you'll get USB connection options, tap that and select MTP.

The MTP option isn't working on both Linux and Windows? Does the phone still show as charging from the PC? Check your USB cable, try another one.
I mean I cant set the phone to MTP. I checked with different cables, different ports and different os like Windows and Linux

Plug in the device and pull down on status bar, you'll get USB connection options, tap that and select MTP.
I did that , swiped down to see the notifications but couldnt see MTP option . Also didnt see any options or settings in storage section of the settings

I pulled down the screen which as all the notices and status but there was no MTP setting.
I saw in storage , but there was no MTP too. I want to backup my phone using Kies, but the phone isnt detected by Kies. Previously it was detecting the phone.

Some phones call it "file transfer" rather than MTP, but I'm sure you'd have noticed if it said that ;).

If you enable the developer options menu (by repeatedly tapping on the "build number" in the software information) there's probably an option to choose the default USB connection type. Though if Kies is also not detecting the phone and you've tried multuple cables I'm wondering whether it's possible one of the contacts on the phone is bad (though some messed-up setting is also possible - I'm guessing you don't want to do a factory reset just to test that!).

I pulled down the screen which as all the notices and status but there was no MTP setting.
I saw in storage , but there was no MTP too. I want to backup my phone using Kies, but the phone isnt detected by Kies. Previously it was detecting the phone.
It might say "phone is charging, select for more options.." Hit that notification for other USB options

Some phones call it "file transfer" rather than MTP, but I'm sure you'd have noticed if it said that ;).

If you enable the developer options menu (by repeatedly tapping on the "build number" in the software information) there's probably an option to choose the default USB connection type. Though if Kies is also not detecting the phone and you've tried multuple cables I'm wondering whether it's possible one of the contacts on the phone is bad (though some messed-up setting is also possible - I'm guessing you don't want to do a factory reset just to test that!).
Thank you. I tried multiple cables, USB ports, 2 phones the other one Samsung E7, but I couldn't successfully connect the phone to my laptop. It wasn't mounted and I couldn't see it's files. Earlier both times connected to the laptop. Since then I haven't changed the MTP settings.

No I don't want to try factory reset of the phone

Back
Top Bottom