• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unable to Update from 4.0.3

Hi all.
I was having an issue with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. I cannot update it from Android 4.0.3. I have read that further updates have been released for the 3G and wifi version the p5100. But whenever I go into settings and go to the software update, it displays the connecting to server message and then says that no updates are available. Could someone please help? This is my first android device and I really don't know what is happening.

Download the kies software with a computer on samsung site. Connect your device to the computer via usb and open up kies and check for and update that way.

I'm having the same issue. I just bought the device not even a week ago IN CANADA. my friend has a version of 4.3 mine is 4.0.3. I cannot update anytime I try it says "no update available" I contacted samsung support and they told me I purchased an american model...ook so i went over to the american support and talked to them, they said i purchased it outside of the states...this is all clearly bullshit. i'm extremely frustrated I feel like i have a dead device with an outdated version that is UN-updateable.....any tips or advice??

Well maybe we have to do a custom install then. Though I would rather not do that seeing as how many of my friends complained of stability issues. Funny thing is that I bought my tablet in Europe. God knows which countries are getting the updates. I heard France was getting it. This is really annoying.

Back
Top Bottom