• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unbricked Amlogic M3 stick.

I had following android stick.

sku_152637_1.jpg

Initially I was thinking that it is MK802 for which I gave money but When I opened it, then it was Amlogic M3 stick. There are many clone for it like G box dyno, Dx stick etc.

I accidently bricked my device in journey of rooting my device to run droidmote. I flashed G box dyno fw but not rooted. Then flashed midnight root fw and then stuck at black screen.

I again recover from bricked to normal state. Thanks to the ckitching for giving me original fw update.uboot.zip for stick. Actually, I was stuck to the black screen on bricking my device.

Then I tried all methods of short circuiting and installing stane's rom but failed. Again stuck to black screen.

Then I download midnight recovery image and flash over sd card click here for details.

Then power on device with pressing reset button. Now installation process started. But again stuck to the installation boot loop instead of black screen. Every time on booting device, android update logo was coming and asking for proper firmware or update.zip.

Then I applied many update.zip and fw file but no one succeeded.

Finally I download Update.uboot.zip provided by ckitching. And surprisingly I got my stick live again.

:mad:Warning: Above method may harm your device, and may turn soft bricked into hard bricked state.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones