• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Uninstalled Market by Mistake

cfh09

Now how do I get it back? It hasn't been working for the past two or three weeks, so I cleared the cache and that didn't help. So I figured I would uninstall it and reinstall it. Didn't think it through! Where do I get it to reinstall?

Then there is no way to uninstall it... you had to of just un-installed the updates. Did you clear data too?
If you still can't get it to work you may have to factory reset.

Then there is no way to uninstall it... you had to of just un-installed the updates. Did you clear data too?
If you still can't get it to work you may have to factory reset.

I only cleared cache and when that didn't help, I clicked on UNINSTALL. It is not showing up in my list of apps. If I do a factory reset, will I lose all of my ringtones, wallpapers, pictures, etc.? Do you think it would help for me to go into a Verizon store and see if they can help me?

I only cleared cache and when that didn't help, I clicked on UNINSTALL. It is not showing up in my list of apps. If I do a factory reset, will I lose all of my ringtones, wallpapers, pictures, etc.? Do you think it would help for me to go into a Verizon store and see if they can help me?

It's still in your app drawer. All you did was uninstall updates. You cannot physically remove the market without root access.

Open the app drawer, open the market, and if needed, sign back in (shouldn't need to). This will cause it to load the old market while downloading updates in the background.

It really wasn't showing up in my app drawer so I decided the best thing was to power it off and on. Voila, I see Market. Crisis averted. Thank you everyone!

Back
Top Bottom