• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unknown Screen Icon

Screenshot_20180106-134048.png
Please can someone tell me what the icon is I've pointed the arrow to.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180106-134048.png
    Screenshot_20180106-134048.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 186
Icons on the right side of the notification area are usually from the system, rather than user installed app notifications. It could be manufacturer or device or carrier specific. What phone is it you've got there, and is it carrier customized? I presume you're in the UK from your apps. Might give someone a clue.

Last edited:
It looks like the symbol for hurricane or perhaps extreme weather. If you can, try to keep an eye on it as you travel about and see if it goes away after a while. Could be an indication that you've crossed out of the area for a weather watch.

Thanks for your response I have a Samsung S6 don' think it's got anything to do with the weather although the UK is bad lol

This looks like it...."Rich Communication Suite(RCS) - Joyn", it mentions Samsung, and the rest is in German. Something to do with VoLTE or WiFi calling possibly?
rich.jpg

Rich Communication Suite (RCS) - Joyn[22]
Bei Samsung findet man die Option erweiterte Anrufe und Nachrichten in den Einstellungen unter Verbindungen -> weitere Verbindungseinstellungen und aktiviert eine Art SMS-Nachfolger.[23] [24]Bei allen anderen Geräten sollte nach einer App mit dem Namen Joyn oder Message+ gesucht und deaktiviert werden, um das Symbol weg zu bekommen.

German site.
https://www.droidwiki.org/wiki/Liste_von_Symbolen_in_der_Benachrichtigungszeile

Back
Top Bottom