• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unknown sim plus stuck case

Rgarner

Android Expert
May 9, 2017
I got a used OnePlus Nord with a really good case. I want to set it up to make calls and not much else. For now I'll just keep it on its original, metro pcs, and have a really cheap plan. I checked out what they've got and they asked for the IMEI, easy to find, and sim info. Wouldn't that be in about phone? I can't find it. Somebody said to take out the sim card. I guess that stuff would be there but I don't know how to take off the case. It might not really be stuck but I don't want to break it or the phone and I don't know how to put it back.

Have you tried searching you phone's settings for "SIM" or "IMSI" (SIM number)? In my Galaxy s21 it can be found via the "SIM manager" item in the "Connections" settings (phone, WiFi, bluetooth, etc), but different manufacturers/different Android versions organise their menus differently (Samsung are about the most non-standard of the mainstream brands), so it might be in a slightly different place for you. But all phones these days let you search the Settings, which is why I suggest trying that first.

(And of course the reason I have a "SIM manager" setting is because I have a dual-SIM phone with eSIM support, so in principle can have many SIMs).

Reactions: ocnbrze and Rgarner
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones