• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root unleash the exhibit

the exhibit is my first sim smartphone and im looking to switch to "top-up card status." i have a metropcs sim for it atm. from my gatherings i presume flashing to another carrier is not necessary as cdma is. i can place a sim from another carrier and start service? doesnt seem realistic. what steps will be necessary and please suggest the best service if you know of. im thinking net10, but they have a 50 dollar activation fee. i dont use the device often and would like to be able to purchase "top-up cards" from local stores when i need data/etc. thanks for yer advice.

Okay Sir, So at the moment I am a Walmart Family-Mobile user, I would recommend this to you because of the low price, and the speeds of T-Mobile. Here is the website for it. Family Mobile - Walmart.com
If you require any assistance, feel free to PM me.

the exhibit is my first sim smartphone and im looking to switch to "top-up card status." i have a metropcs sim for it atm. from my gatherings i presume flashing to another carrier is not necessary as cdma is. i can place a sim from another carrier and start service? doesnt seem realistic. what steps will be necessary and please suggest the best service if you know of. im thinking net10, but they have a 50 dollar activation fee. i dont use the device often and would like to be able to purchase "top-up cards" from local stores when i need data/etc. thanks for yer advice.

To sum up things for you read below

First you need to unlock your device unless its already unlocked
Then you just insert the Sim and vola!

To unlock your phone. If you are in good with metro PCs 6months of service you can request an unlock. At no charge. A lot of times they will not give it to you but I haven't had this happen to me.

You may try unlock services found on google but they charge for it. That's about the only way.
And for a good service you will need to know your radio frequency that will match up.to metropcs baseband.

Back
Top Bottom